Road Traffic Offences
Road traffic law requires a specialised approach and in particular detailed knowledge of the two key pieces of legislation, The Road Traffic Act 1988 and the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988. ABV Solicitors have a dedicated team who have achieved successes across the spectrum of offences; from serious incidents of death by dangerous driving through to speeding and no insurance.
We recognise that receiving a disqualification from driving can have a massive impact upon a client and his family and their livelihood.
Additionally, the caselaw and sentencing guidelines surrounding these laws (and by which the justice system is guided in their implementation) is frequently changing, and so require constant review to maintain comprehension of their intricacies.
To this end we have strong working relationships with leading Counsel and technical experts, which allows us to achieve our aim of providing clients with personalised, tactical, cost- effective solutions. We reject the scatter-gun of taking every point as we believe it unnecessarily increases costs and even worse alienates the Courts who decide our client’s fate.
ABV Solicitors have a dedicated team who have achieved successes across the spectrum of offences; from serious incidents of death by dangerous driving through to speeding and no insurance. We recognise that many people prosecuted for road traffic offences have no previous experience of the criminal justice system, and that it can prove to be a confusing or intimidating experience. We work hard to ensure that all our clients are guided through the institution as clearly as possible, enabling them to make informed choices in their best interests. Our complete approach means that you can receive support from the point of initial investigations, through to the Magistrates or Crown Court and, if necessary, the appeals system.
Areas that we can advise on include but not limited to:
- Death by dangerous driving;
- Death by careless driving;
- Dangerous driving offences;
- Careless driving offences;
- Drink driving;
- Drug driving;
- Failing to stop and the reporting of accidents;
- Using a mobile phone whilst driving;
- Speeding offences;
- Failing to provide driver information;
- Driving without insurance and licence.
Do not delay seeking legal advice and call one of our specialist lawyers today.
SUMMARY MOTORING OFFENCES
In relation to motoring offences ABV Solicitors offer a competitive fixed fee:
This applies to drink driving, drug driving, driving whilst disqualified, fail to stop, driving without due care and attention, no insurance, no licence and other summary only offences.
For £500 plus VAT we will:
- Liaise with the Prosecution, obtain and consider the initial disclosure where available;
- Attend upon you in person or by telephone in advance of the hearing to take your instructions and advise you on the law, relevant defences and likely sentence;
- Attend and represent you at the Magistrates court at the first hearing;
- Write to you and confirm the outcome after the hearing;
Please note this fixed fee does not include:
- Representation at a contested hearing i.e. trial or special reasons hearing;
- Representation at a sentence hearing where the case is adjourned for sentence after a guilty plea included in the fixed fee;
- Representation at a subsequent hearing where the first hearing is not effective;
- Obtaining and preparing any witness evidence for trial or sentence;
- Instructions of any experts;
- Preparation or representation at trial;
- Any advice or assistance in relation to an appeal;
This fee applies to summary only matters.
This fixed fee applies to any Magistrates court within 30 minutes travel time of one of our offices. Our offices are located at Hayes, Central London, Walthamstow, Bracknell and Princes Risborough. We cover courts further afield but these a priced according to location and time involved.
In each case exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matters.
Solicitors at ABV Solicitors who regularly undertake this work include:
Tom is a highly experienced magistrates court advocate. He qualified in 2014 and has extensive Magistrates Court experience. He also has his Higher Rights of audience which means he can represent clients in the Crown Court.
Nisha regularly attends to represent client in Magistrates’ courts across London. She qualified in 2013 and has built upon her substantial Crown Court experience with several years as an Advocate.
Lara is a very experienced magistrates court advocate. She qualified in 2008 and appears regularly in Court in West London, Surrey and Berkshire on behalf of the firm.
Sunita heads up our East London office and is a regular in the Magistrates courts of East and Central London and Essex. She qualified in 2008.
Rishi is the Magistrates Court and Police Station Team Leader. As part of this role he supervises the Motoring Department. Rishi is hugely experienced in motoring cases and has a proven track record of success in this field.
Please see the profiles of our solicitors on our website for further detail.
To speak to one of our solicitors or obtain further information please call 0344 587 9998.