ABV Solicitors have made giant strides since its inception in 2006 as evidenced by the quality of the cases undertaken by our lawyers’ and the achievement of being regarded as a “Leading Firm” in the area of Criminal Law by industry directories Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500, which sets us apart from many other firms in London and the Thames Valley.
To maintain our progress, we seek to recruit and retain the best people. We recognise that our team are our greatest resource and we make every effort to create a working environment where our employees are supported, motivated and able to develop their careers. Whether a Trainee Solicitor, Advocate, Paralegal or Administrative Support, everybody’s contribution is valued.
Should you wish to register your interest in being part of a dynamic, committed and talented team please email us a covering letter with your CV. Specific Vacancies will be listed below as and when they arise.
VACANCY - PARALEGAL
ABV Solicitors, a Criminal Defence, Regulatory and Fraud specialist firm, are looking for an enthusiastic and LPC qualified Paralegal to join their Magistrates and Crown Court Department.
ABV Solicitors have been recognised by The Times in their guide to the Best Law Firms 2021 and are ranked in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
All candidates should have a demonstrable interest in criminal law.
The candidate will have a strong academic background, preferably has previous experience of working within a law firm and have good interpersonal skills. The role will include:
- Supporting solicitors with preparation of case work;
- Dealing with complex and novel legal issues;
- Liaising with courts, experts and other third parties;
- Taking client instructions and progressing cases from start to finish.
- As an one of the largest criminal law providers in the country the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to learn how to manage a diverse and significant caseload.
There may be an opportunity for the candidate to attain a training contract, should they evident the requisite aptitude within their role.
This role will be on an initial 3 month rolling contract for an immediate start and would be ideal for a graduate of law looking to expand their skill set and gain invaluable experience of working in a top ranked criminal defence firm.
In order to be applicable for this role, the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate with examples, the following:
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint format documents;
- Able to conduct legal research;
- Using own initiative and working within a team where required;
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and smart appearance.
- Flexible approach to assist/cover other positions and duties when required;
If you are interested in applying for the above position, you must provide a covering letter with your CV to be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent